Thursday, January 6, 2011

Four Cheese Roasted Vegetables

FOUR CHEESE ROASTED VEGETABLES
Thanks to my dear friend, Carol Miller, in Pennsylvania for this recipe! 

6 or 8 white potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1 inch pieces
6 carrots, pared and cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 Tbsp. olive oil (sometimes I use extra - it depends how many vegs. I use)
2 tsp. each basil and oregano, crushed
2 tsp. each salt and pepper or herb seasoning
2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 red  bell peppers, cut into 1 inch  pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-8 oz. Sargento 4 Cheese Country Casserole Recipe Blend

(I have not been able to find that blend for the last couple years and so I mix my own.  It was a blend of Cheddar, American, Monterey Jack and Muenster cheeses. Now I just use Cheddar and Monterey Jack. Whatever you prefer will work.)

1. Place potatoes and carrots in greased baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss lightly to coat.
2. Bake 30 min. at 425 degrees. Add zucchini, red pepper and garlic, stir all vegs. Return to oven and bake 30 min. or until tender.

3. Sprinkle with cheese, return to oven about 2 min. more or just until cheese melts. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Makes about  8 to10 servings. I make this as a main dish so we eat about half of the casserole between the two of us.