Free of eggs, sugar, gluten, grain, chemicals, and preservatives.
This is a part of Grain Free Baking Week at Health, Home, and Happiness! We are baking a few recipes from the Nourished Kitchen Guide to Grain Free Baking and Treats!
My children rave about fruit and nut bars like they have addictive qualities, and these are no exception. They love hand held sweet-nutty combinations of GAPS friendly ingredients! Apricots and almonds pair together here with the addition of coconut and flax to make a substantial snack or breakfast in a pinch.
- 2 cups blanched almond meal or flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal*
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Toss all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Grease a baking dish (9″x9″ works well) and spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Allow almond-apricot bars to harden overnight.
- Cut with a sharp knife and serve as a sweet dessert or snack.