- 2 cups orange juice
- up to 1/3 cup honey
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups fresh cream
- 2 cups fresh whole milk
- 4 to 6 drops organic sweet orange essential oil or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Homemade Creamsicles: Method
- Stir 1/3 cup honey into 2 cups orange juice.
- Pour the mixture of juice and honey into a heavy-bottomed sauce pan and heat it over a medium flame until reduced by half.
- Once the mixture of honey and orange juice has been reduced by half to a viscous syrup, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk four egg yolks, two cups fresh cream and two cups fresh whole milk with organic sweet orange essential oil or orange extract and one teaspoon vanilla extract. Continue whisking until all the ingredients are very well combined.
- Whisk the mixture of honey and orange juice into the mixture of eggs, cream and milk.
- Pour the creamsicle mixture into your popsicle molds and freeze until solid, at least twelve hours.
NOTE: If you do not have popsicle molds, try using Dixie cups and popsicle sticks. Pour the mixture into dixie cups, place in the freezer and after four to six hours place popsicle sticks into the center of each cup and continue to freeze for at least an additional six hours.