Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Healthier Coffee


A favorite way I used to enjoy my one cup of coffee each morning was to put stevia and non-fat dairy creamer in it, BUT the dairy creamer is full of chemicals, so I had been going without any cream at all.  Recently I heard of putting 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a cup of coffee for the many benefits it has, so I tried it.  I poured only a fourth of a cup of coffee into my cup with a little stevia, then added 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.  The secret to making it a great cup of coffee though is to use a hand blender in the cup at this point to mix it up real well - then add the rest of the black coffee.  The coconut oil makes the coffee look and taste like cream and vanilla were added!  Delicious!   There's no need to buy an expensive cup of coffee.  Make your own for a money-saving benefit, plus great flavor as well as better health!

This is about 1/4 cup of coffee, a small amount of stevia and 2 Tbsp. coconut oil after mixing it with the hand blender.


The full cup of coffee and the hand blender I used to mix it.