Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gluten Free Flour to Make Waffles, Pancakes, etc.


Gluten Free Flour
Thanks to my daughter-in-law, Rachael Breneman, for this recipe!  I've learned so much from her!
I ordered most of my flours from i-herb.com.  If you've never ordered from them, you may use my e-mail address to get a discount on your first order.)  Although I don't benefit, you will save $5.

1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup fava, garbanzo, or white bean flour
1 cup millet flour
1 1/2 cups potato starch
1 1/2 cups tapioca starch
2 cups sorghum flour
1 cup almond flour
(Store flour in refrigerator or freezer).


Gluten Free Waffles or Pancakes
1 cup gluten free flour (above)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup liquid (I usually use less and usually use carrot juice)
*1 large egg (See egg replacement instructions below)
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 Tbsp. oil (I usually use more for extra calories and nutrition as well as to keep from sticking.) 

*You can replace 1 whole egg with 1 Tbsp. milled flax seed and 3 Tbsp. hot water.  Allow to set for 2-10 minutes before adding to a recipe.