Makes 9 muffins in a standard muffin pan
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sucanat
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract (find it here or make your own with this recipe)
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- zest of one lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease nine muffin cups with butter or coconut oil. If desired pop some parchment paper muffin liners in as well.
- Set aside 2 teaspoons of almond flour. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining almond flour with the coconut flour, salt, poppyseeds and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon zest. Add the flour to the egg mixture, then pour batter into muffin cups. Combine sucanat with almond flour and sprinkle over the top of the muffins. Bake for about 20 minutes - the tops should be springy yet firm when they're ready. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.