Used with Permission by Reboot with Joe
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 (or more) cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, garlic, sage, red potato and sweet potato to the pan, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and Swiss chard to the skillet, stirring until the chard wilts, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Top with the chopped parsley and serve.
Swiss chard - kale, collard greens, spinach
Sage - rosemary, thyme, dried cumin
Sweet potato - butternut squash, delicata squash
Black beans - pinto beans, lentils
Parsley - cilantro
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes